University of London
Tailoring the events management experience
Events management takes center stage
The University of London’s School of Advanced Study features a busy schedule of events and seminars, attracting over 21,000 attendees annually. The school’s nine separate institutes required the flexibility of controlling independent events programmes, while ensuring centralised reporting continued to provide actionable insights to develop the events schedule.
The event management system in place was creating challenges in use and maintenance. With internal administrators bypassing the system, there was increasing difficulty in monitoring event activity. This resulted in less automation, less insights and ultimately, the risk of a declining experience for audiences.
A new approach to managing events
Event organisation relies on centralised reporting to provide informed and current event schedules. SaaS products that enable customisation facilitate event organisation and monitoring, to align with business goals and improve the experience for attendees and wider audiences.
From brochure organisation to independent event schedules across different institutions, University of London’s School of Advanced Study required all events in one system that would be customisable, enabling continuous development to their specification. Quba’s event management technology, Symphony, offered powerful customisation capabilities without the risk and cost of a bespoke system build.
Tailored systems resulting in tailored solutions
Quba worked together with event administrators to identify customisation options that would provide University of London with a tailored events management system:
- We investigated the requirements for event administrators, to inform a specification to adapt the SaaS product.
- We implemented Quba’s SaaS, Symphony, with customised components to accommodate a variety of events.
- We interrogated existing data sources and identified routes to integrating them with Symphony.
- We created a series of 98 integration tools across more than 10 websites, providing more control for users in how information in the events system is displayed.
Crafting an integral system for UoL’s events
Following 12 months of successful use, Symphony was classed as a standard production and support tool for the University of London. The SaaS product contributed:
- A frictionless experience for users accessing event information, through a customised information display, centralised through multiple integrations. / Ease of use in eliminating the need to scour through multiple websites.
- Streamlined internal production of events brochures, leveraging integrations with Adobe InDesign and EasyCatalog.
- Integrated financial information using the Agresso accounts system.
An innovative web platform for a global leader in temporary works solutions
Web platform | B2B